Thursday, May 31, 2012

You Are What You Eat


I am so excited about this link I just found. All along I have been telling clients that what they eat is important in emotional healing and recovery. I knew it was true, but only had a few basic common sense suggestions for a healthy recovery diet and I didn't have anything helpful to hand out. Now, lucky day! From a great mental health research and policy organization in the UK comes this great Food and Mood Diary that also includes a list of foods that are likely to help with specific mental health issues. Hooray! Check out the link for yourself. It's very cool.

p.s. - the above link will also direct you to a full article about food and mental health. It's great.




Here is some further reading if you're interested. These articles also include even more good mood food suggestions:




No comments:

Post a Comment